Success of every business depends on accurate analysis choosing right technology and future vision. Research from last two decade has proved that those organization that do invest in technology and choose the path of innovation, increase their market share, financial figures and overall competitiveness.
ISO 20000/IEC is the Information Technology :
- Service Management System standard which allows organization to demonstrate excellence. This is the first international standard for IT service management which was developed in 2005 (latest version of ISO 20000: 2011). IT Service Management sounds easy but it is difficult to choose the right model and solutions for the business. This difficulty can be solved by adopting ISO 20000.
- People, technology and process are the compounds that construct the IT service management triumvirate. In service management your good performance is usually taken for granted and every error is highly visible. ISO 20000/IEC specifies requirements for service provider to maintain, monitor, establish, implement, operate, plan and improve SMS.
- This standard stand on the work done by the office of government commerce (OGC) and ITIL (Internationally Accepted IT Infrastructure Library) so you can be confident that real benefit will be brought to the way your IT services are managed. ISO 20000 formally known as BS 15000,is applicable to all sizes of organizations who are involved in providing IT services to customers. It also helps to overcome natural barriers between organizational units. SMS helps to keep knowledge about service management business within the company as its intellectual property. Adopting ISO 20000, which is not a very common thing, proves that you are serious about your business and believe you are on the path of innovation.
- This globally recognised standard consist of two parts: ISO 20000-1 includes the “must criteria”, means list of requirements that an organization must adhere to complete and verify in order to receive certification and ISO 20000-2 offers guidelines and recommendations for IT service management process within the formal standard of ISO 20000.
- ISO 20000 can assist your organisation in benchmarking its IT service management, improving its services, demonstrating an ability to meet customer requirements and creating a framework for an independent assessment.
Benefits of ISO 20000
ISO 20000 can assist your organisation in benchmarking its IT service management, improving its services, demonstrating an ability to meet customer requirements and creating a framework for an independent assessment.
Some of the most common benefits of ISO 20000 certification for service providers are that it :
- Enhanced customer satisfaction that improves client retention
- Better reputation on the market. Having an ISO 20000 certificate is still not a very common thing; it proves you are serious about your business.
- Offers competitive differentiation by demonstrating reliability and high quality of service;
- Gives access to key markets, as many organisations in the public sector mandate that their IT service providers demonstrate compliance with ISO/IEC 20000;
- Improved relationship between different departments via better definition and more clarity in terms of responsibility and goals
- Provides assurance to clients that their service requirements will be fulfilled;
- Enforces a measurable level of effectiveness and a culture of continual improvement by enabling service
- Providers to monitor, measure an review their service management processes and services;
- Creates competitive advantage via the promotion of consistent and cost-effective services.
What is the cost of an audit to 20000 ?
The charges are depend on the size, Complexity of operation, location, Processes and it’s inter relevance. It produces a guidance price list based on company nature & size. For a Quotation please get in touch with us either by sending your inquiry through mail to email@example.com or call us at 0522-4072356, Tell: +91-9918766617.
Contact Us : If you plan to go for ISO Certification, you may ask for Quotation by providing your organization?s information in application form, you can download the application form by clicking on Download link available at the website or submit your inquiry through feedback. Alternatively you may send your inquiry through mail to firstname.lastname@example.org or call us at 0522-4072356, Tell: +91-9918766617 Sector-specific applications of ISO 20000.